Post-doctoral research opportunity:
Postdoctoral Scholar: Community-Based Approach to Teacher Noticing
Apply Here: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/
2018 Conference Request for Proposals
We are now accepting requests for proposals. Proposal summaries (your contact information and answers to numbers 1-2) are due June 17, 2017. The full workshop proposals are due July 1, 2017. Return to your application and answer questions 3 through 10. With the google form you may edit it after you submit it. Or you may submit a full new proposal with answers 1-10. Note that you may still submit your full proposal by July 1st even if you did not submit a summary. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to us at info@creatingbalanceconference
2016 Conference Resources
Check out the resource page for shared 2016 conference resources. Thank you to our 250 conference participants, keynote speaker Rico Gutstein, panelists, school visit sites/teachers and workshop presenters.
Goals of the conference
- Bring together educators, researchers, parents, activists, and students to collectively discuss social justice and math education
- Foster new and innovative partnerships and collaborations
- Create a space to share resources, lesson plans, best practices, and other classroom materials
- Develop structures for ongoing discussion and working groups about math and social justice
- Organize a national voice in the ongoing debate over math education reform
- Plan actions, advocacy, future meetings, etc.